by Tim Bondy – Freelance Copywriter
Last Updated: March 7, 2017
Hi, I’m Tim Bondy, the owner of a freelance writing company currently located in a rural southwestern Idaho community. My work involves producing clear and concise written copy for businesses and organizations. I am a communications copywriting specialist with experience in technical writing, blogging, newspaper journalism and marketing.
Educated and Experienced:
I have a degree communications from Southwest College in California. My teammates, Toni and Erica, have impressive educational pedigrees and practical work experience ranging from computer science to business management. Between the three of us, our individual specialties mesh well and enable us to produce excellent written and graphic products for our clients.
Services We Provide:
Our main goal is to help businesses tell their story while working within their specific brand framework. See the full list of services we’d love to help you with on our “List of Services” page.
If you would like to talk about how we can make your life less stressful by taking on some of those tasks you can never seem to get to, use our “Contact Us” form and we’ll get right back to you. We are located in Idaho, USA but don’t let our location scare you away.
Over the past twenty years, I have had a vast amount of my work published in blogs, military training programs, corporate operating procedures and standard operating procedures plus a community newspaper. My newspaper portfolio will be available by the end of March 2017. Until then, you are welcome to explore this website and an older unmaintained website called BondyWeb.com located at http://www.bondyweb.com
Our Work History
- In 2003, I retired from the U.S. Air Force as a shift leader and technical expert at a large weather and intelligence acquisition unit. Much of my technical writing skills were garnered while working within that squadron.
- After honorably retiring from the U.S.A.F. I started a web design company where I became proficient in hand coding html websites. In 2005, clients started asking about content management systems (CMS) such as WordPress, Joomla and Drupal websites plus various real estate and e-commerce software. Toni and I delved into the backbones of these CMS platforms allowing us to create many business and corporation websites.
- In 2005 we saw an opportunity to stand out within the web design industry and we started offering professional copywriting services to our clients. While I leaned towards the content and copywriting side of the business, Toni continued to create websites. We made great business partners and still do.
- In 2007, we moved the web design and copywriting business from the east coast to southwestern Idaho. The move was mainly so we could take advantage of the outstanding outdoor opportunities that exist in the western part of this country. In short, a lifetime of military service gave us “happy feet” and we just needed to move on.
- Toni continued in the web design world while I took a temporary job maintaining a unique computer training system at the local military installation. As the sole computer operator and trainer for the system, I honed my technical writing skills while acquiring much insight into writing computer training documentation and step-by-step procedures for many of the complex training scenarios.
- Erica, our part time editor, has been on-board since 2010 and has contributed to many projects in the last seven years.
- In 2015, I accepted a position as the staff reporter for a local newspaper. This was my dream job and I learned many different writing, marketing and editing skills during my time under the longtime editor and publisher. It was also one of the best jobs I have ever had and I regret the day I had to put in my two week notice. Sometimes life gets in the way of work.
Tim Bondy – Freelance Writer and my team bring experience and the skills your company may need to take it to the next level. Most of our clients tell us that their work and home life is so busy they can’t find the time to write proper web, advertising and marketing copy. My team and I will be your marketing and writing force multiplier. We write your story so you can do more business.
While our freelance writing business is currently land-based, we plan to take the company on the road in the future. Tim Bondy – Freelance Writer will be heading out in a recreation vehicle (RV) for a long-term location independent adventure.
We’ll be copywriting on the road while we explore exciting new places and seeking out new friends and acquaintances. In short, we’re going boldly where we’ve never gone before. Not unlike Starship Enterprise.
Mountain Home, Idaho, U.S.